Saturday, July 25, 2009

What's the "Must have" for Getting Gigs & Band Management Candidates?


Something struck me yesterday about all the products I've successfully marketing for clients in my day business over the years and what these have in common the successful semi-pro bands I've worked with.


When success was achieved it was always driven by the belief that the product or band was "better" than the competition. Or at least, significantly different.


There have been times in the dim and distant past when I've marketed products or bands I thought were just "OK". The results were nothing like what was achieved when convinced about what I was doing. Now I don't get involved in marketing anything I wouldn't buy with my own money. Rouse the Crowd for example, is information my band and I were desperate for at one point.

When you think about it, success marketing something you're totally convinced about is no surprise really. People can tell when you're passionate about something versus when you're just going through the motions.

This passion for your music is something you'll want to see and hear from anyone you might be considering for band management if you're going down that route.

I reckon there's no one better to market your semi-pro band or act than you yourselves. Who should be able to get more enthusiastic about your band than you?

The starting point for getting passionate about your band is to understand how it differs from others in the same genre or your geographical area. The "alternatives" a venue might have to booking you for example.

The excersise of analysing the different elements of what you do musically and really understanding what makes you unique can (if you do it right), infect you with the positivity and passion you need.

This is how you end up playing more band bookings than you ever imagined.

No comments: