Monday, January 9, 2012

What won't stop your 2012 Band Booking Success

Here's two facts about band booking that took me a long time to understand and which might surprise you.


1. Not having the best gear doesn't need to make any difference to the amount or quality of band bookings you get.


2. Not being a great musician, singer or band doesn't really matter either.


Years of working with semi-pro and amateur musicians around the world have taught me that what makes the biggest difference in terms of level of gig-getting is determination to succeed. To decide exactly what you want in terms of gigging and then keeping going until you achieve it - no matter what other people might be saying to you.

When I look back, I became a regular at the Hard Rock Cafe when I'd been a bassist for under 12 months.I was still playing a 2nd hand Musicman copy and a battered old Peavey amp bought off someone on Gumtree. 

Since then I've seen plenty of other average acts with mediocre equipment get themselves out from in front of the bedroom mirror and onto the stage (or at the very least, into the corner of a few local bars with their guitars and mics...). 

Makes you wonder what you might do with a little talent and some good gear!

Band Booking Tips and Articles



No comments: