Thursday, November 5, 2009

Getting "Gigs" on the Street


I read about someone today who makes as much money from busking on the streets as he does from his on stage gigs.

Street Performer

Although I've seen and heard some great singers on street corners while out shopping with the Mrs, I've always thought of these performers as people who can't get "normal" gigs. The only possible positive being that playing that way might help a novice toughen up for eye-balling an audience and performing in front of them.

The fact that the guy in the post concedes his street work is as lucrative as some of his stage gigs is fascinating. What was also surprising is that he had to audition for work on the Subway!

But, the weather where I am is probably a lot worse than in Denver so I don't think I'll be joining him any time soon even if I had no gigs....


On the subject of street performing, here's an earlier post of mine on the subject (and audience interaction) if you're interested in more.

Wrap up well....

No comments: