Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How to Get Better at Playing Gigs


If you've read Rouse the Crowd which is essentially about going down great when you play gigs in a band, you'll have seen I recommend recording your performances.

This goes for your rehearsals as well as when you're gigging.

When you do this, you can continually iron out any rough areas and make sure you're constantly improving.


It's not only the music that some bands want to improve on.

Some want to to tackle and use the gaps in between songs or at the start and end of the performance for some onstage banter.

Recording all this will let you remember exactly what "pearls of wisdom" go down well with the crowd and falls flat on it's face.


Here's a discussion about what recorder other bands are recommending to
record their performances.

As you'll see from my response on page 2 my own weapon of choice is the Tascam GT-R1 and I've posted a couple of reviews which I'll repeat here:


Original Tascam Review

My Own Review of Tascam GT-R1 on Amazon

No comments: